Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer is in full swing!

.....And around here that means a lot of long, hot days! We have been baling hay... and straw...and milking...and feeding more animals...and mowing grass...and hanging laundry....and eating supper at 10 pm! It is very cool to sleep at night though, so we sleep really good, just not very long! I wouldn't trade my life with anyone I know and I'm not complaining.

The fenced pen in my front yard has some 'teenage' chickens in it that are starting to look a little silly. They have feathers all over their legs and are getting scraggly looking and gangly. One of our rat terriers, Chester, (otherwise known as Houdini!), got out one night and into the fence and killed all the ducks. I was very angry and Jonathan cried because they were his ducks. Chester is looking for a new home now where there aren't any ducks or chickens.


My card for today is another sympathy card. I love the 'Thoughts and Prayers' set and it makes wonderful sympathy cards. Here is my creation in Certainly Celery, Basic Black, and embossed in white. Enjoy and have a great day!

Bethany

1 comment: