Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hi again! I thought I'd post a few Sympathy cards that I made as a prize for Beth Redding. I haven't heard that she received the package yet, so I hope I am not ruining her surprise. I also made her Birthday cards, but I will post them another day. I don't know why, but I really enjoy making sympathy cards. (Shannon do you like these? I wasn't sure if they are simple enough.) The praying hands are not SU but I think they are similar. I stamped them on watercolor paper and used aquapainters to color them. The mat was just rubbed over my Pacific Point stamp pad. The top left card is made with Refuge & Strength. I borrowed this set from my friend Lara. Thank you! I should really give it back now. The tin was decorated with Walk in the Park DSP and the Big Shot Birds n Blooms die. The middle one is embossed on vellum cardstock and colored with Stampin' Write markers. Yellow is my favorite color and So Saffron is the perfect shade. I got a new roll of ribbon before it is sold out of the last chance list. One more~ using Eggplant, Black, and the Upsy Daisy stamp set. I really like this set and it may become my new favorite. I kind of CASEd this one from my upline, Rebekah Jensen, at a workshop a while ago.



Well we are off to meet with Bethany Baker and her family at Cherry Crest Farm today. They are from Texas and have come to PA for a vacation. I have been writing to her for about 12 years and we are finally going to meet today! I will try to take pictures and post them. MAYBE I will even get some printed out and put them on a scrapbook page.......there's an idea! Have a great day!



Bethany

No comments: