Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On a sad note......

I got sad news tonight~ Hannah Garman passed away. I have been following her blog for almost a year now. She was a 5 yr old girl who had brain tumors. Her mother died from cancer about 3 years ago and left 3 kids and a husband. Hannah was told last fall that she had about 8 weeks to live. She was asked to be flower girl in a cousin's wedding but probably wouldn't be able to because the wedding wasn't till this spring. Her wish was for people to send her Christmas cards~ so the news media and radio DJ's took the idea around the world! She received boxes full of cards for months. Several thousand were delivered. Lititz, PA hosted a convoy of over 80 emergency vehicles one night and delivered many more to her. She has had it rough, but made it to be flower girl about 2 weeks ago. Tonight she went home with Jesus. I never met this little girl, but her story has touched me so much. I am crying as I write this post. If anyone wants to send her family an encouraging note of sympathy I will post their address.

Darin L Garman
704 Orchard Rd
Lititz, PA 17543-8801

Thank you all and goodnight!

Bethany

No comments: